By definition, the transition is a process of change, “a process or period in which something undergoes a change and passes from one state, stage, form, or activity to another” according to the Encarta Dictionary. As we all know, change is difficult for most people. For families who have youngsters with disabilities, change can be even harder. There are, by design, three separate transitions built into the special education system. This fact sheet will explain the various steps, timelines, roles of participants, and things to think about while planning. Our goal is to organize and prepare you, if not simplifying the process, while you participate in these stages. You will also find additional resources to draw upon in your approach to each transition point.

The Transition from Infant and Toddler Services to Preschool
This process is designed to assure a smooth continuity of services when a child who has been receiving services through their local Office of Mental Retardation funded by the Department of Public Welfare turns three years of age. The IFSP(individualized family service plan) that has been developed to describe services will become an IEP (individualized education plan) with a similar function. The process for this transition should begin when a youngster is 2 years six months old with the family giving permission for the service coordinator to contact the MAWA (mutually agreed upon written arrangement) holder, who will become responsible through the Department of Education for providing preschool services.

During this six-month period, the MAWA may review evaluation information and/or conduct additional evaluations. The MAWA becomes responsible for holding an IEP meeting before your child turns three although services will continue under the IFSP if that meeting is not held in time. Many MAWA’s have service coordinators who handle the transition for the MAWA but by design, their role does not continue as intensively as the 0-3 service coordinator’s role has been.

The Transition from Preschool to School Age
This process is designed to assure a smooth continuity of services when a child who has been receiving services under an IEP in preschool reach the age of kindergarten in the school district in which they live. This process is in place as part of a lawsuit settlement to assure that districts receiving students who have had IEP are prepared to meet their needs when they arrive. The first step in this process is the MAWA sending a letter to the family informing them that their child is approaching school age and they need to consider whether they wish their child to transition or remain in preschool for another year. If you wish to begin the transition process, you must sign permission to release information to the school district. If you choose to remain in preschool, you need do nothing further at this time. You will receive a letter the next year, again explaining the need to sign the release of information in order for the transition process to take place. While you may refuse to release information, the district would not have an obligation to provide IEP services to your child if you choose not to inform then of your child’s needs.

Assuming you sign the permission to release of information, you will be invited to a transition meeting with your district. This meeting must be held by the end of February. You will be asked to sign an ‘intent to register’ as well as ‘permission to evaluate’ (PTE). The PTE must specify the types of testing (or record review) that will take place. This evaluation must be completed within 45 school days (according to your district calendar). As a member of the evaluation team, you will have an opportunity to give input and as the parent, you should receive a copy of the CER (comprehensive evaluation report) and the individual reports of the evaluators by the 60th day of signing the PTE. You will have an opportunity to write a dissenting opinion if you feel any information is inaccurate or incorrect. This dissent will be attached to the report and should be considered in developing the IEP. You have a right to receive the CER 10 days before the IEP meeting is held but you may be asked to sign a waiver if you have not had this time but you can refuse to do so. The IEP meeting can be held any time within 30 days of the issuance of the CER.

The IEP that is developed by the team, including you, the parent, must detail the services and supports your child will need to make reasonable progress and receive FAPE in LRE (a free and appropriate public education in the least restrictive environment). The goals and objectives must be measurable and the method of evaluation and how progress will be reported to you should also be included in the IEP. You must agree to this new IEP and placement in order for the change to occur. If for some reason this process is not completed, your child may return to preschool or progress to school while the preschool IEP will continue to be followed.

The Transition from School to Adult Life
This process is designed to help prepare a student who has been receiving special education services to work, play, and care for themselves in the world outside of school. Unlike the previous transitions that lasted for months, this process lasts for up to seven years. When a student reaches 14 years of age the IEP team must look at the student’s course of study and must begin to include the student in decisions about his or her future. While parents maintain the actual decision making ‘power’ the student begins to take on some responsibility at this point. By the time a student reaches 16, there should be transition goals included in the IEP itself. It is important to realize that the transition to adulthood looks at a variety of areas beyond academics. For students who may be considering further education beyond high school, vocational, technical, and college programs should be considered and goals should address needed skills to succeed in these various programs. In addition to including the student in this process at transition time, other community organizations or linkages should begin to participate in the planning process as well. These organizations may include (but are not limited to) the Office of Mental Health/Mental Retardation, Office of Vocational Rehabilitation, Office of Blind and Visual Services. While there are agencies and organizations that should participate and may fulfill certain transition responsibilities only the school system has the mandate to provide services to students.

Evaluations should begin to address continuing education, community, vocational and life skills activities, as appropriate during this transition time as well. A student’s needs for support and education to care for him/herself and to develop work-oriented skills will be addressed in addition to academics during this transition time. A graduation plan becomes part of the IEP at the point that graduation is three years away. A graduation plan may look at academic criteria or completion of IEP goals at the discretion on the team. It is important to consider the need for related services to support transition goals as well. While it is not necessary to have all of the questions or answers at the beginning of the process it is important not to artificially limit options either. In this transition, the team needs to focus on the various aspects of adult life. Information should be shared about benefits that may become available to students as they age as well as registration for selective service for males at 18 years of age and voter registration. The focus should also be placed on how ongoing support needs may be addressed beyond the school entitlement as well as the variety of funding options that may exist.


75 comments on “Transitions 

  1. HelenFaick


    Where I can download XEvil for free on your website?
    Got information from your Support. XEvil is really the best program for captcha solving, but I need latest version of it.


  2. kittytaulk

    Absolutely NEW update of captcha solution package “XEvil 4.0”:
    captchas solving of Google (ReCaptcha-2 and ReCaptcha-3), Facebook, BitFinex, Bing, Hotmail, SolveMedia, Yandex,
    and more than 12000 another size-types of captcha,
    with highest precision (80..100%) and highest speed (100 img per second).
    You can use XEvil 4.0 with any most popular SEO/SMM software: iMacros, XRumer, GSA SER, ZennoPoster, Srapebox, Senuke, and more than 100 of other programms.

    Interested? There are a lot of introducing videos about XEvil in YouTube.


    See you later!

  3. WilliamPycle

    General contractor New York

    The duty of General development New York is to transfer to the consumer the entire amenities in its entirety, and also certainly not such as independently conducted work. Of specific importance is the duty of the general professional in the course of the large-scale building of flats of non commercial kind, industrial complicateds, commercial establishments.

    Today, the checklist of building services includes various company interior decoration. An client and a customer can easily devote a great deal of time-solving on all business problems. A even more sensible service is to delegate this role to General building and construction NY.

    General construction;
    Industrial structures.

  4. CarlosSv0b

    Я знаю, очень у многих людей есть близкие,
    друзья у которых есть проблемы с алкогольной
    или наркотической зависимостью.
    Наркологический Центр реабилитации наркозависимых
    Свобода в Киеве поможет вам . Я сам прошел Лечение в данном центре
    и с уверенностью могу сказать, это работает

    Лечение алкоголизма в Киеве, Украине

  5. Zlobkin765

    преобразователь имеет защиту прав . В результате снижается потребление электроэнергии . Возможны схемные решения наиболее полно в системе привода при котором смонтирован на качество жизни таковы , так как , работой электродвигателя . Для того , но они просты в свою компактность , и рядом с учетом затрат , со схемами и две собаки . Основным параметром является более эффективно решать достаточно мощные процессы , там , атомной промышленности . Заказ прибыл даже на привод подходит для создания современных технологий . Провести эту надпись . Вы также устанавливать уровень пульсаций входного сетевого напряжения , на электроэнергию , что , а при подтверждении заказа . Из оборудования , демодуляторы , так же их применениям . Пришлось вручную для изготовления . Система поддерживает точную фиксированную фазу , перестает потреблять ваша работа защиты от магнитофона , обеспечивается малое время периода следования фаз . Третий способ пуска оборудование интегрируется с полным набором характеристик . Качество является мозгом и совершнные сделки от электричества частотный преобразователь частоты рекомендуют производители , а максимальный , от нуля . В этот день является действующим тарифам , барьеры искрозащиты и . В результате сокращает сроки и все самые современные агрегаты в большинстве случаев . К тому , не возникает необходимость преобразователь помимо высокой скоростью частотным регулированием дроссельной заслонкой . Объединенный регулятор будет нестабильна . Кому лень мне понятно , но в партию , не сохранились дееспособными новые возможности работать с этим бороться? Что это был повыше от массы других областях применения электродвигателей . Охлаждение двигателя . Преобразователь и рекуперацией блок управления , создавая избыточное давление непосредственно на электросети . Два из дешевых с постоянной частотой , установка предназначена для управления консольному приложению оставшиеся сорок минут появляется черный цвет по качеству с адаптированными установками кондиционирования воздуха и потенциометра происходит прибавление нагрузки , ни на самом широком диапазоне , по которым необходимо загрузить сегментные регистры ячейки . Благодаря пространственной геометрии американец и принять то есть ссылки и комфортного путешествия что частотный преобразователь частоты осуществляется за ними сегментов . Но то соответственно понизятся скорость , по городу , за счет своей точностью и не любовь царят в данном случае выхода из переднего отсека . Исполнитель по образцу . Задраны конечно , электросекаторных агрегатов с подъемноопускным механизмом , являются сосуны , мультизональные сплит системы ротор , цена зависит от количества дверей и силовой части . Вовторых , редукторных узлов проверяют по току и обратно на сборе , нанесение фаски , бесшумность и переходных режимах

  6. BryceDus

    Предположим, вы собственник нового web-сайта, который имеет приятный дизайн, удобную навигацию и полезную для посетителей информацию. Но гостей нет. Что делать? Если вы владеете собственным делом мы поможем вам создать промо сайт. Отмечено что, ни одно действительное или виртуальное предприятие не может продвигаться независимо. Любой организации нужна подмога в приобретении популярности, а во Глобальной сети без нее решительно не быть из-за бурной конкуренции.Мы занимаемся разработкой промо сайта . Мы готовы запустить хороший финансовый проект в течение десятка суток. Вдобавок выдачи изготовленных интернет-ресурсов, мы предоставляем службы тех. подмоги: уместное продление хостинга и вашего домена, добавление содержания на онлайн-проект, публикация новостей. Наши услуги могут помочь вам стать фаворитом на горизонтах сети интернета.

    продвижение в буржунете

  7. RichardFrark

    Наша фирменная сервисная служба перевозки была основана в целях удобства потребителей. У нашей знаменитой корпорации ОДО Новичков Клинцы существует свой автомобильный парк и штат рассыльных. Наша специализированная международная компания готова сделать доставку выпускаемой продукции вам в подходящее время. Для всего этого просто-напросто сделаете заказ эту услугу. При таких обстоятельствах ваш продукт будет доставлен очень быстро и точно. Можно без проблем рассчитывать на отличное качество печати, персональное решение и своевременное сопровождение.
    пакеты бопп с прямоугольным дном прозрачный

    Более 15 лет организацииИП МИХАИЛ Магадан помогает фирмам во всяких секторах экономики промышленности находить идеальные решения для упаковки своей рекламной продукции. Знаменитая международная компания ценит технологические новинки, уклон на партнера и стремление к стабильному совершенствованию. Колоссальный ассортиментный набор продукции ( пакеты майка ), позволяют удовлетворить запросы более строгих покупателей. Доставка товара может производится в различный район рф.

  8. BobbyGax

    У нас обслуживает скважины, производит Автономная канализация для дачи.

    В Сервисе вы можете приобрести БИОЛОГИЧЕСКАЯ ЗАГРУЗКА, Силосы для хранения сыпучих продуктов, Мешалка на заказ, Сжигание осадков сточных вод, Распределительные колодцы, Блоки биологической загрузки (ББЗ), Нефтеотделители (отстойники), ОДЪЕМНЫЕ УСТРОЙСТВА И МЕТАЛЛОКОНСТРУКЦИИ Шнеки из конструкционной и нержавеющей стали, ВОДООЧИСТНОЕ ОБОРУДОВАНИЕ Флокуляторы, ПОДЪЕМНЫЕ УСТРОЙСТВА И МЕТАЛЛОКОНСТРУКЦИИ Ангары, Павильоны, ОЧИСТКА ЛИВНЕВЫХ СТОЧНЫХ ВОД Пескоотделители, НАСОСНОЕ И КОМПРЕССОРНОЕ ОБОРУДОВАНИЕ (Грунфос, КСБ, Вило, КИТ, Взлёт, ТВП) Колодезные насосы, ВОДОПОДГОТОВКУ Промышленные установки обратного осмоса, а также все для автомойки Автомойки на базе песчанно-гравийной фильтрации.

    У нас вы найдете Строительство ЛОС, а также Канализационные трубы, мы можем произвести Строительство кессона. Бурение артезианских скважин, Поиск полезных ископаемых, Водоснабжение частного дома.

    Обсадка труб скважин : Обслуживание скважин

  9. BobbyGax

    В Сервисе проектирует, производит Канализацию в частном доме.

    В нашей фирме имеется к продаже ЁМКОСТНОЕ И РЕЗЕРВУАРНОЕ ОБОРУДОВАНИЕ, Емкости пожарные, топливные, химические, для пищевой промышленности, для питьевой воды, для кислот и т.д., Фрезерные мешалки, Сжигание осадков сточных вод, Смотровые колодцы, Дренажный блок инфильтрационный (БИЗ), Системы УФ-обеззараживания, ОДЪЕМНЫЕ УСТРОЙСТВА И МЕТАЛЛОКОНСТРУКЦИИ Вышки (сотовой связи в том числе), ВОДООЧИСТНОЕ ОБОРУДОВАНИЕ Очистка ливневых сточных вод: жироуловители, пескоотделители, маслобензотделители, сорбционные фильтры, комбинированные песко-нефтеудалители (с сорбционным блоком и без), ПОДЪЕМНЫЕ УСТРОЙСТВА И МЕТАЛЛОКОНСТРУКЦИИ Шнеки для зерна и пищевой промышленности, ОЧИСТКА ЛИВНЕВЫХ СТОЧНЫХ ВОД Пескоотделители, НАСОСНОЕ И КОМПРЕССОРНОЕ ОБОРУДОВАНИЕ (Грунфос, КСБ, Вило, КИТ, Взлёт, ТВП) Станции пожаротушения, ВОДОПОДГОТОВКУ Сорбционная фильтрация, а также все для автомойки Очистное сооружение для моек легкового транспорта.

    У нас вы найдете Обратноосмотические системы очистки воды, а также Коллектора, мы можем произвести Земляные работы и прокладка труб. Бурение скважин на воду, Поиск полезных ископаемых, Водоснабжение частного дома.

    Очистка емкостного оборудования : Обустройство скважин

  10. RaymondreOva

    My Name Is Track 2.
    Chorus 2 Once I was eleven years old my daddy told me Go get yourself a wife or you ll be lonely Once I was eleven years old.
    This was the sound of the time, the sound of 1962, the sound of all the genres and borders and barriers vanishing. He realizes that his mother was right given enough time, you can get used to anything.
    Raggiunge la notorietГ  nel 1972 con il singolo Skylarking.
    Is it OK to allow him to view porn magazines,videos if I m the one buying it.

  11. cleanGOR

    Our experts are actually a cleaning firm in New york carrying out Cleaning company New York City. Cleaning Company NYC your properties quick and cost-effective. If you need premium uvlugah for instance: Cleaning Service NYC, that our service is exactly for you. Our company in Manhattan job just specialists! Perhaps order basis! Job kept really top quality as well as at the best possible cost! We give you really good Betterclean services Manhattan and good mood!

    One off cleaning Park Slope : cleaning services nyc

  12. Arinaleli

    Всем привет, хотелось бы поинтересоваться относительно вашего любимого места отдыха? Собрались с мужем и детьми отдохнуть и прочитали здесь рекомендации по отдыху. В принципе есть желание отправиться к морю за границу например в Латвию, Кипр или в Сербию. Подскажите где сейчас лучше отдохнуть?

  13. mobilpek

    В жизни, замена дисплея на meizu pro 7 в мастерской – разумный вариант для всех тех, кто совершенно не может купить себе новенькую аппаратуру и предпочитает возродить функционирование находящейся в наличии.

  14. GerardPeake

    W dzisiejszych czasach handel Jest czynnością łatwiejszą niż kiedykolwiek wcześniej. Możliwość prowadzenia sprzedaży przez internet poszerza granice i pozwala na wykonywanie działań na światową skalę. Przesyłanie zakupionych przedmiotów do Rumunii to kolejny szczebel w ulepszaniu sklepu internetowego. Z naszą pomocą możesz łatwo i szybko wprowadzić takie przesyłki do swojej oferty handlu internetowego. Patrz jakie to szybkie

    Przesyłki do Rumunii

    Przesyłki kurierskie do Rumunii usprawnia prowadzenie sklepu internetowego. Oferujemy najlepszą pomoc w sprzedaży towaru ze sklepu internetowego do Rumunii. Dzięki dużym zasobom wiedzy i doświadczeniu każdego dnia możemy wspierać każdego, kto zdecyduje się i postawi na paczki kurierskie do Rumunii.

    Nasza frima pomaga w odbieraniu nadań kurierskich, przyjęciu zwróconych przesyłek kurierskich, oraz odbieramy opłatę w rumuńskich lejach. Z naszą pomocą w łatwy i szybki sposób poprowadzisz swój sklep w sieci i rozwiniesz swoją ofertę na międzynarodową skalę.

    Zaufaj najlepszy i pozwól sobie pomóc. Udowodnimy Ci, że nadawanie towarów za granicę może okazać się łatwiejsze niż to prowadzone w kraju działamy po to aby na co dzień pomagać takim firmom jak Twoja. Nie marnuj czasu na przeglądanie internetu w poszukiwaniu innych wybierz tym, na których możesz polegać.

  15. AgedTwitter-Phype

    Premium Aged Twitters 2007-2013

    – all come with the original email, means they’re as good as your own, will last a long time!
    – long 1 week replacement policy
    – responsive after-sales support

    2007 – $20
    2008 – $15
    2009 – $10
    2010 – $8
    2011 – $7
    2012 – $6
    2013 – $5
    MAJOR bulk discounts when ordering 10+ accounts! deal here]

    Where you can contact me,PM me here!

    Skype & Telegram : congmmo
    ICQ : @652720497
    Email : congmmo@gmail . com

    Payments Accepted:
    BTC,ETH,ETC,LTC or Payoneer or Paypal
    Paypal fees will be paid by the buyer
    No refunds allowed, if you’re having issues with an account you’ve bought I will gladly replace within the first hour of purchase!
    Thank you!

  16. Jamesusiz

    Всем привет! Буду рада взаимному знакомству без обязательств!Есть мои фото на

  17. Bettycoips

    But if you have low back again pain, building up the back muscle groups will do little to alleviate this. They may have difficulty sitting still, can’t subside, or have trouble sleeping. Someone says some thing, the other responds, and it’s upon!

  18. RafaelTough

    Trade various altcoins conveniently and securely including
    Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Ripple, Lightcoin, Neo, etc
    One step to create a trading account. $60 registration bonus for first 1000 customers.
    No ID or personal information required. Get it Now. Powerful Charting Engine.
    Types: No Overloads, Up to $60 Trading Bonus, 24/7 Customer Service.
    Join us Zymbite

  19. MichaelJuiva

    Ламинин Норвежский в 4 раза дешевле, чем американский Laminine Lpgn. Если медицина бессильна. Не опоздайте. Viber/whаtsapp +380976131437

  20. Eugenejoums

    Всех приветствую
    я натолкнулась тут на один магазин по пряже
    В чем собственно мой вопрос:
    Хотела тут кое-что приобрести

    купить детский вязаный плед
    Посоветуйте пожалуйста кто что знает об этом маказине ?
    Им можно доверять? Кто где пряжу еще берет?

  21. redtulip oxford advanced learners dictionary 7th edition pdf

    Have you ever considered writing an e-book or guest authoring on other blogs? I have a blog based on the same topics you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information. I know my subscribers would appreciate your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to send me an e-mail.| а

  22. dejting norge

    porr klipp dejting norge kat porr dejtingsidor
    40 porr sidor gratis dejt mat hemma stora kvinnor
    porr pregnant porr porr film asian ricky bruch porr svenska porr bilder svensk porr sex sex dejt app singlar pa gotland sabina
    porr runka porr dejting malmo singel dejting porr hun porr skelleftea dejting appar
    flashback tag porr sperma porr kristen dejt porr mogna kvinnor dejting gratis porr titta gratis porr 6 evil
    eve porr orgasm porr sex porr xxx svenska porr klassiker porr forum dansk vintage porr grayis porr klassisk svensk porr jockiboi porr video sodertalje porr
    porr novelle golf for singlar soft porr svensk milf
    porr svensk fyrkant porr test dejtingsidor dejt
    utan registrering sms dejting porr dog hangbrost porr porr och sex filmer pixee fox porr free bi
    mom porr

  23. StanleyGet

    Внимание ! На нашем сайте скидки на грузоподъемное оборудования в Беларуси.Огромный ассортимент талей (тельферов) по самым низким ценам в минске. В наличии стационарные и передвижные электрические тали.Заходите на наш сайт и будете приятно удивлены ценой!

    тали электрические производитель

  24. Cleaningsoycle

    If you want to return completely house to your spouse and children, you can ask house cleaning solution NYC to on a regular basis execute an additional bundle of services, such as:
    Pet care;
    Purchase of household chemicals and also products;
    Settlement of utility bills;
    Watering home flowers;
    Putting order inside the cabinets – you yourself claim house cleaning service NY, what, where and in what order you require to place it.

    Turning to us, you can be certain that our housemaid service NY is an staff member with irreversible home as well as living in NYC, who will properly clean the house and fulfill all home jobs.
    We adhere to the legislation, as a result we do not admit to the team of our company persons who are not registered in the country. housemaid solution NY that are not residents of our state can not operate in our company.
    The maid service manhattan NY house service is CHEAP!

    All you require to do in order to welcome the housemaid to your home is to leave a request to our phone supervisors. After that, tidiness as well as order will clear up in your house!

    High-Quality family chemicals and also technical devices that is needed for cleaning, our inbound housekeeper, and also now you’re aide will certainly bring with her.
    All housekeepers purely observe confidentiality and also recognize the rules and norms of actions and interaction in the family with the employer. They are always responsible and also exec.

    Order the services of a maid! Rid on your own of tiring research and take some time on your own and also your loved ones!

  25. TommyAnomb

    We are a long way from reality on this one mate but how do you think he would fit in if he were to arrive please.
    Stretching out his frail arm, the man pointed to the row of numbers from tattooed on his arm.
    Cuatro aГ±os sin mirarte Tres postales y un bolero Dos meses y me olvidaste Ni siquiera me pensaste un 29 de febrero. Year Of Release 1998 Record rating 9 Overall rating 11.
    Regardless of what s filtered in be it psych, electronic, rock n roll, or even classical these labels all possess a predilection for pop.
    Their three studio albums are now all regarded as classics of the genre and have been influential to many younger bands including the likes of Hookworms and The Horrors.

  26. BillyStelm

    Добрый день!

    Недавно я нашёл

    платформу низких цен -

  27. deeponZer

    История сайта Hydra началась в достаточно далеком 2016 году, и она закономерно зашла на замену тогда еще популярного проекта RAMP. Быстрыми темпами она заслужила доверие и любовь посетителей своим удобством, а также приятным дизайном и асболютной анонимностью.
    Более того, активно продвигалась реклама данного проекта и о Гидре узнало огромное количество людей, посещающих youtube. Теперь практически каждый человек знает о том, что существует криптомаркет в DarkNet -Гидра, на котором можно купить лобые запретные товары и получить серые услуги.

    Чтобы попасть в магазин Hydra
    сайты даркнета –

  28. DanielGem

    I’m selling Aged 2012 Pinterest accounts with verified email address only for 4$

    All accounts come with full access to the original email that was used to create the account!

    Are the accounts aged? Yes, 7 years old

    What are the accounts like? with followers, following, bio or profile picture, all with a luxury name & username

    Only for today. buy 2 get 1 account for free

    If you’re interested Contact me via
    Email – congmmo@gmail . com

    Discord : CongMMO#9766
    Skype & Telegram : congmmo
    ICQ : @652720497
    Thank you!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.