These are ideas from parent groups on the Network:
- Hosted home parties for kitchen ware, cosmetics
- Requested that those who receive information
from the group reimburse for postage.
- Sought funds for group activities through
letters and newsletters.
- Solicited funds and services from organizations
- Requested an annual family membership fee.
- Charged professionals an associate membership
- Had T-shirt, hoagie, bake and yard sales and/or
- Participated in locate bake and craft sales and
provided information about the group.
- Hosted a golf classic.
- Hosted benefit shows.
- Held dance-a-thons, bike-a-thons, walk-a-thons
- Became a United Way Designated Donor.
- Secured coupons from local businesses to benefit
- Sold flower bulbs, candy bars, wrapping paper,
greeting cards, candles etc.
- Sold books about disabilities and teaching
- Solicited funds from organizations, schools and
- Offer to train employees about disability issues
in exchange for printing, donations.
- Applied for Mini-Money Grants from PPCRN!